It’s more important than ever that we look after our Mental Health!
Hi and welcome to my page.
I am really missing you all and hope that you are keeping safe and well. This is a very strange time for all of us.
We may not be at school but remember, I am still here to help if you need me.
I believe that you all have the resilience to get through this strange and difficult time that we are all experiencing.
Showing resilience means having the ability to deal with and bounce back from difficult situations.
Some things that will help are …
- Try to keep some kind of routine
- Sing, music is good for your soul
- Maintain a healthy bedtime routine
- Be kind to those you are isolated with
- Open your windows, go into your garden … just fill your lungs with fresh air
- Use your imagination, you can’t travel now but your mind can
- Laugh as much as you can
- Still recognise evenings and weekends
- Be mindful, stay in the present moment with the news
- Try to enjoy this time as much as you can, even if at times it feels wrong!
- Try to keep your school stomach … no extra snacking
- Talk … use our amazing technology to stay in touch
- Take daily exercise, try to make it fun
You can contact me by the following email addresses.
For general emails that will be picked up by the office use:
For specific concerns that will be picked up by the school safeguarding team of myself, Mr Moss and Mr Allen use:
Mrs Rowe will also be in the school office on Monday and Wednesday from 9.00 am to 12.00 am and you can always leave a message with her if you would like me to phone.
We also have a school mobile phone number. If you phone this number, then you will speak to me directly or you can leave a message that I can respond to. This number can be used by parents or children but only if something bad has happened to you or if you are worried that something bad will happen to you or a member of your family.
The number is: 0790 7621154
Please remember that in an emergency you should still contact the emergency services on 999.
The number for Childline is: O8001111
As we can’t get together in the hall I’d like us to get together virtually, but with a little twist!
Below are five songs that I’d like you all to get your groove on to, and if you’re brave enough, for an adult to film you and share with us on our school Twitter account. I’ll be doing it so please join me.
Mrs Slack x
Song 1: Cha Cha Slide
Song 2: YMCA
Song 3: Whip Nae Nae
Song 4: Macarena
Song 5: The Locomotion
There are lots of resources on the internet to help you during this difficult time. Below are some links but there is lots more support available.
|Back to Headteacher’s Office|