The Limpsfield Junior School Governing Body
School governors make a valuable contribution to children’s education, opportunities and futures.
Being a school governor can be a challenging but hugely rewarding role with the chance to make a real difference to young people, to give something back to the local community and to use and develop their skills for the benefit of others. They are the largest volunteer force in the country with over a quarter of a million volunteers governing state funded schools in England.
The three main functions of the Limpsfield Junior School governing body are to:
- Ensure the school is clear about its vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Hold the Headteacher and school leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Make sure that the money that the school receives is well spent
To ensure that the governing body is able to fulfil its main functions it is organised in the following way:
- There is an annually elected chair and vice chair of governors
- All governors are expected to attend full governing body meetings that are held three times a year.
- Currently there are two sub committees, based upon the Ofsted/school priorities, which focus on the quality of education and on children who are identified as having special educational needs and those in receipt of pupil premium funding. These meet termly.
- There is a designated governor who has responsibility for health and safety/school premises who meets termly with school staff.
- There is a designated safeguarding governor who liaises directly with the school safeguarding team.
- The pay committee meets annually to discuss pay recommendations
We are always interested in hearing from members of our school community who may be interested in joining the School Governing body. If you would like to register your interest in joining the governing body of Limpsfield Junior School, then please contact the school via telephone on 0114 2430925 or you can email using firstname.lastname@example.org.
The links below provide further information about the current school governing body